Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Look

Welcome to the new-look Taking Note.

And please don’t panic.

Basically, it’s the same stuff. It just looks nicer.

In other words, it is a re-design.

Seriously, the new look signals a bit of a new direction for Taking Note. Some of the links that were on the left side of the old look are gone. Why? Because when visitors come to this site looking for information, I want them to have a good chance of finding it. There won’t be any filters here. None of the blogs linked from this site have any affiliation with the WHL or any of its teams, or any other league or teams.

When you show up here, you won’t be told that “only Bugs Bunny knows”, or “I’ve been told but can’t tell you”, or “I know but . . .”

It’s simple. If I know, you know.

Also . . . you won’t find any audio here. You won’t find any video here. There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles here. I don’t like busy websites. I like to get in, find out what I want, read what I want, and get out.

What you will find here are a lot of words. Words and words and more words, and lots of information, some opinion and, hopefully, some analysis.

Because I cover the Kamloops Blazers, I post stories here that appear in The Daily News. I will continue to do that.

I also will continue to post columns that were written by the late Jim Murray, at least for as long as the Jim Murray Memorial Foundation allows it. Why? Because it is important for us to keep our past alive, and he was among the best at what he did.

The link to The Sports Curmudgeon also will remain, even though I don’t think he ever has mentioned the WHL or any of its teams. So why is the link there? Because, at the end of the day, it’s my blog, I enjoy reading him and I like to be able to get there from here in one click. The same holds true for any of the other links that remain.

Greatest Hockey Legends, for example, contains a link to hockey book reviews. If you don’t already, you should be checking it regularly, especially with Christmas just around the corner.

I also will continue to search for other independent major junior hockey-related blogs to which I can link this blog. If you know of any, please let me know.

In the meantime, please continue to visit here, continue to offer comment (within the bounds of common decency, of course) and, most of all, enjoy!

(Thanks to Terry Massey of thirteen letter for all he has done on this project over the last two weeks. I would have been lost without his help.)

  © Design byThirteen Letter

Back to TOP